Here is what we achieved during the 7+ month increment:
Most of this will not make sense to most of you...But i'm lazy and i'm just taking this from an email i sent out.
Firsts (in no particular order):
1) Demonstration of the Zero Prop Maneuver
2) Triple US EVA during stage ops (3 EVAs in 9 days)
3) Flying -XVV during stage for Ku and PMA3 ingress
4) Operating out of FCR-1
Lasts (in no particular order):
1) Operating out of BFCR
2) Operating CMG 3 as a normal CMG (I'm not proud of this one.)
3) No more XPOP (thank you 12A.1)
Records Set:
1) Mike LA currently holds the US longest duration single mission (215 days)
2) Most stage EVAs on a single Increment (5 total)
3) Suni currently hold the record for most EVA hours by a woman (I think)
4) I want to say there were more, but I can't think of them right now.
Other Notables (in no particular order):
1) 20 Thruster Disable Periods for clamp install/removal, MT translates, etc (seems like there were more.)
2) 8 separate CMG 3 testing periods (seems like there were more here too.)
3) Over 1650 kg of prop consumed (both attitude control and reboost)
4) 2 Successful Reboosts (out of 3 attempts)
5) 2 Soyuz Relocates (this may be a first for an increment)
6) 3 GNC MDM swaps
7) Operated with 4, 3, and 2 CMGs.
8) We learned a lot about space weather on 12A.1
9) Did a little golf experiment
10) 12A.1 (successful retract of 4B array to allow for SARJ rotations)
11) Loss of US attitude control due to a GPRV vent
12) Mike LA and his AlphaBet and movie of the week quotes (this truly kept the increment fun)
The increment was a lot of work...a lot of hours, a lot of lost sleep, but very rewarding. Despite all the work and the certain period in my life, i had a lot of fun. I'll never forget the experiences that i had, nor the people that i worked with closely for more than a year now. Increment 14 started with meetings several months before the increment even started. I'm proud of what we accomplished...
It was a fun ride.
With the increment over, i do lose a distraction...but i trade it for another -- STS 118/13A.1. I think i'd like another...we'll see.
At the time of this writing, HorelicaNet is 91 visitors shy of 5000.
I get to see my brother and sister-in-law tomorrow! Yippee!! I'm looking forward to this visit...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I don't even know what an increment is.
Sorry about that failed reboost! My streak continues....
I was an ADCO at the beginning of your increment....now I'm a TOPO. Who am I?
Post a Comment