Thursday, April 12, 2007

Happy Cosmonautics Day

Today is known as Cosmonautic's Day. It's a holiday most celebrated in Russia. What are they celebrating you ask? The anniversary of the first man in space. April 12, 1961, Yuri Gagarin was launched into space becoming the first human in space.

We have a small celebration here in Houston for Cosmonautics day...we call it Yuri's Night. I went to Yuri's Night a couple of years ago when LTS played there. I was just too tired to make it to Yuri's Night this year. Perhaps another year...

On another note, I played through "Blue Devils" tonight and i'm starting to get a lot more comfortable with it. Not quite ready for public display, but i think i've got enough of it down that we can actually practice it during rockstar practice. We ran through it last practice and it's starting to come together. I think i'm the only hold out on this song, so i promise to you that i'll get better at it.

Have a good weekend...

No comments: