Friday, April 13, 2007

Friday the 13th

Today was a weird day. I'm not superstitious, but the day didn't exactly end on a good note. We'll get to that in a minute.

Today was actually a relaxing day at work. I gave a presentation and tour to a class of students from Texas A&M. Dr. Vadali's space craft dynamics class came to JSC for a visit. I had a class with Dr. Vadali back in the day, and when i was asked to give a tour and presentation, i didn't hesitate. I like doing things like this so it was easy to take a "day off" from work to educate potential new flight controllers. It was good to see Dr. Vadali again.

Tonight was another scheduled Finding Reason practice...this is where the day turns sour. It was perhaps the worst practice i've had ever...it was one of those days where i just felt like quitting all together. It was as if i had never picked up a guitar in my life. Ben was in a grumpy mood and i couldn't play worth a darn. That damn blue devils is getting on my nerves. That put me in a grumpy mood.

I came home and continued to practice. I had to get that bad taste out of my mouth. I'm not really any better at blue devils, but i'm not any worse. I may have accidently stumbled upon a new song in the process. I decided i'd try to do some recording through the laptop...and it friggin' worked. I've had problems recording through my desktop for years...but i never tried the laptop until tonight. So, i did a quick recording and sent the newly created piece to ben and greg. I don't know if they've listened to it yet, since it was about 10:45 tonight when i did this. I'm not going to bed grumpy ... so i guess that's good.

Oh...speaking of blue devils, greg posted the other two songs to our myspace website. The songs aren't perfect, but if we want to attract a drummer we need to have our music avaiable for them to listen to. And with that, you can listen to them too.

Tomorrow will be a better day...

No comments: