As promised...an updated post.
It’s April and it’s nearly freezing outside; another example of crazy Texas weather. Although, I don’t think this weather system is just affecting Texas. Anyway, i didn’t really take a look at the temperature before going out doors. I knew that it was going to be a cold day so I dressed appropriately. It was very cold on the football field this morning…yes, I joined 11 others to play some Saturday morning football.
When we started the day, there was a brisk wind that made it even more chilling. But as we got moving around, it wasn’t so bad. Then the rain came…luckily it was only a slight drizzle. It wasn’t until I got in the car on the way home that I realized what the temperature was; 44 degrees. At first I thought my temperature gauge was broken…but no, it was really that cold out there. I’m sure to get sick now…
As stated earlier, I’m in EB for the weekend. The fam and I were supposed to travel to Austin to spend Easter with other family members. But mom had an allergic reaction to some penicillin she was taking…so we’re not going anywhere tomorrow. The weird thing is she was taking the penicillin for a week now with no ill affects until the last day on the drug. She broke out into some serious hives…The hives are still there, but diminishing.
As I write this, the rain trickles in a soothing and relaxing rhythm. I should sleep well tonight…as I normally do when there is a slow rain outside.
On another note, the Expedition 15 crew lifted off from Baikonur today. The crew is on their way to the ISS. Monday afternoon the crew will dock and begin to handover to the Expedition 14 crew. That will mean that my increment is over and Tarik’s increment is just beginning. Good luck there Alex.
Everyone stay warm...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment