Friday, June 01, 2007

Progression and Regression

We'll end this post on a good note, so, we'll start with the regression. I wasted my day off trying to get my studio computer up and running. I did not get anything done today. My kitchen has turned into a computer triage station. I have computer components scattered about, along with cables and screws and tools. Boxes and manuals litter the studio. My house has never been this messy.

So, what's wrong with the computer? i dunno. I was trying to work through my software issues and now the computer won't even turn on. I have a sneaking suspicion that the power supply has gone bad. I hope that is the case...cause that's an easy fix. A trip to Frys to return/replace the power supply and i'll be on my way...at least to the software issues again. But, i'll figure it out eventually. I'd hate to take everything back to Frys...cause that would be a great pain.

Perhaps i need to be in attendance at all the Astros' home games? The good guys didn't do so well tonight...I'm sorry guys, i'm not that super fan...i can't be at all the games! You're gonna have to do it without me...

Now, on to the progression. Finding Reason had another decent jam session. I almost made it through "Blue Devils" without messing up. I had one little issue, but we kept going, and made it through. I felt pretty comfortable with it, especially after not playing guitar all week. "Delusion" and "Love-Hate" also went well. I can't wait till the studio is functional...then i can practice like i should be through the recording software instead of along with an mp3. We're a little frustrated with the drummer situation. More ads will go out soon. We'll keep pressing with our music...one of these days we'll have a drummer.

So, the jam session went well and my abilities are getting a little better--progression. I wish i could progress in every aspect...

No comments: