Finally!! The studio machine is working...the way i want it! I had to make a compromise to make it work like i wanted it to, but it was an easy compromise. I worked all morning and part way into the afternoon to make it work. But when i left for work, i had two operating systems on the computer. So, just to give you some background on what i was trying to do and why. I wanted to split up my 400GB HD into 2 partions. I then wanted to put XP Pro on each partition. One partition would be the studio partition, which would only run the studio software...nothing else. The second partition would run everything else (Office, games, antivirus, internet, etc). Due to limitations with the software (or my ineptitude) i wasn't able to do a 50-50 split of the HD. I had to make a smaller partition (about 25% of the capacity). The next partition i split up so that i could have a storage partition (for studio files). In all i have 3 partitions on the 400GB drive. Right now, there is only the operating system on the two partitions. I didn't have time to load anything else...that i'll reserve for tomorrow, er...later today. I'll load the antivirus software and the studio software and Microsoft office.
Once i have the studio software set up, i can start connecting the hardware to make sure it all works together. I'm getting excited about the studio...it is starting to unfold as i see it in my head (which is a rare occurrence for anything my mind conjures up.)
Anyway, i was pleased that i finally got the computer up and running. I'm excited to hook up the hardware, and even more excited to start using the studio.
I know you are getting sick of all this studio talk, so i'll have a post not related to the studio, per se.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment