Saturday, June 09, 2007

I Hate Computers!

I'm still experiencing some computer woes. Earlier today, i had an issue with my desktop speakers. They just weren't producing any sound. I was able to a solution on the internet. Guess what? It was a stupid driver issue! Turns out you have to load a certain driver before you can load the actual sound drivers. Of course the manufacturer doesn't tell you this. It's so annoying! But, the desktop speakers now work, when i'm in office mode. And from the previous post, you know that the monitors work like a charm. So, sound is taken care of...I think the desktop issues have all been sorted out...i think. I still have to connect some other hard drives, but that shouldn't give me too many problems. *Fingers crossed*

Now, the other issues i'm battling is a laptop/wireless issue. Remember from the earlier post, i am posting from the studio. I normally do my posting in bed from the laptop. It's so convenient and handy to have a mobile computer with access to the internet. Well, when i was installing the newest norton software, the software load got hung up and ended up corrupting my wireless profile on the laptop. So, no more (mobile) access to the internet from the laptop. Since it is late(early), I'll troubleshoot this thing in the morning...er...later today. I think i know how to fix it, but it may require me to reset my wireless router (unless i can find all the information that's locked inside the router (i cannot remember my password for the router...therefore the only fix is to reset it)). It's been years since i last set up the wireless network...hopefully i can remember how to do it.

Right now, i have the laptop hooked up to the router via a LAN cable...that way i'm able to download things that i need to...i must look like a computer geek...two machines running at the same time, typing on both keyboards (not at the same time...that would be crazy).

So, needless to say, i'm sick and tired of computers right now. But hopefully i'll have everything sorted out this weekend. *Fingers crossed again* Then i can start throwing away the boxes and other components that i don't need...thus freeing up some space in my studio/house.

And so you don't feel left out, i'll be posting the specs to the studio machine, along with all the equipment in the studio. If i have time, i'll configure a comparable system from Dell or HP and show you the cost savings of building your own computer...although the time that i put into troubleshooting and hassles, may well be worth the extra money for a fully configured system...

No comments: