With the successful completion of a thruster test, things on the space station have returned to a quasi-normal state. The manned space flight community let out a giant sigh of relief today when the thrusters fired as expected on the ISS today. Most of the functional tests have been performed and the Russian computers seem to be operating normally. With that, we will let the shuttle go home tomorrow. A lot of people have been putting in tons of hours over the last week and they'll get the rest they deserve. I won't get my rest until the weekend. I have to start covering console starting wednesday night. I really can't afford to rest though, for my flight is looming in the not so distant future. It's gonna be a long month and a half of flight planning.
I actually had a quasi-normal day myself...despite having a 7am meeting. I actually picked up the guitar for the first time in what seems like a month. I also started transferring my music collection from the laptop to the studio machine. I haven't quite figured out the network yet, so i've been burning my mp3s to a DVD. Yes, it is very time consuming, but it's working and i can live with the time sink as long as progress is being made. I haven't the patience right now to figure out the network. I'll save that for a day when i'm a little more rested.
I'll end the post with the you-know-you-are-tired-when statement. You know you are tired when you try to shampoo your hair without getting your hair wet first. Not sure how i even accomplished that since i was in the shower. There were a few other not so wise things done this week, but that was my favorite.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment