Tonight, Space Shuttle Atlantis lifted off for an 11 day mission and a visit to the International Space Station. I still get goosebumps every time i watch a launch. It looks so effortless on tv, but over a million parts are working in unison to make it all work out. Amazing stuff!
Atlantis (STS117/13A) is/was my security blanket. For as long as she sat on the ground, that was just that much more time i had to get ready for my mission...which is now the next in line. My mission (STS118/13A.1) is scheduled to launch in August. August is not that far away...which earlier this week i finally realized. You could say panic is starting to set in. But i'm confident that i'll have everything ready when the time comes.
Since i am not working 13A, i will be one of the few people in the office for the next week to 10 days. That means i should be able to sit down and concentrate on the things that i need to do. I'm sure i'll take a break and walk over to the MCC every now and then to see how things are going. But for the next 1.5-2 months, i will be doing nothing but getting ready for 13A.1. I've actually been pretty confined to my office as it is, but it's only going to get worse. I did sneak out of the office today to have a nice chat with Erin. We should do that more often Erin!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment