Just as i suspected the right tools make the difference. I went out and bought a proper soldering iron and within 1 minute of having it i had already 2 solders done. What a difference the right tools make. I knew it couldn't be all me. The biggest hurdle i came across was how to do the final wiring. I studied the components and the wiring and i think i wired the beast correctly. I did a check of the pickups and they seem to work like i want them to. I'll give them a full test when we get together for a full band jam. The new pickups seem to be better than the old ones. I might have to do some body work on the guitar though. One of the pickups just isn't sitting quite right...the existing wiring is interfering in the way that it sits. I don't know if it is affecting the sound or not...but maybe i'll fix that next time i change the strings.
I did manage to burn my pinky...luckily it was on the warm up...so the iron wasn't that hot. And that was the only issue today. So, the guitar is back together and the strings are on it...it's been polished and is ready to perform. Perhaps after a few weeks of use, i'll pull the plate off the back and inspect the solder joints to see how they're holding up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment