Houston loses two.
1) Marvin Zindler. If you've been in the Houston area for any amount of time, you've undoubtedly heard the famed line, "Slime in the ice machine." Marvin Zindler has been a iconic figure in the Houston area for longer than i can remember. My parents always watched Channel 13 Eyewitness News (simply cause we never had cable and channel 13 always came in the best.) I don't watch channel 13 news any more, but that does bring me back to my childhood years. Wikipedia has a page on Marvin. Yes, you've made it when you have your own Wikipedia page.
2) The Astros let 3rd baseman Morgan Ensberg go. In the baseball business, it is not uncommon that players move from organization to organization throughout their career. Craig Biggio is a rare case...spending his entire career with the Astros. Morgan has been slumping this season and wasn't getting much playing time. I'm not totally surprised, but it saddening. Morgan is/was one of my favorite Astros players. I'm sure i will follow his progress to which ever team picks him up. Here's Morgan's wikipedia page.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment