Ok, i've had it. I've been trying to do some soldering on the guitar today. I've decided that it isn't necessarily my poor soldering skills, but rather the tool i'm using to do it with. Several years ago, i bought one of those Cold Heat (don't buy this product) soldering irons. It appealed to me because it was relatively small, battery operated and cooled down in seconds. I bought with the intent of doing my own guitar upgrades...fast forward a few years and i finally got around to using it. Let's just say that i hope i didn't damage any of the wires as i was trying to use the crappy thing.
Tomorrow, i go out and buy a proper soldering iron. Although, i'm not too fond of those things...*beware childhood flashback* Back in my pyromaniac days i would go in my dad's storage building and get out his soldering iron and melt tin wire into spectacular blobs of splashed metal. I was intrigued by the molten mass and how quickly it solidified... That was pretty fun...right up until i caught a molten blob of tin between my toes. I'm surprised i don't have a scar from that. I'm surprised that dripping molten metal between the toes isn't a practiced torture technique.
Well, enough of that. This morning i went into work to get some planning work done. I did quite a bit today and was satisfied with the results. I still have a lot of work to do, but some of the painful stuff is done. Next week, i'll get the rest of my team to help me out...then it's time to fly!
Will i be rockin' with my newly upgraded guitar? Tune in to find out... (i sure hope so...i'm excited to hear what she'll be able to do. Love-hate will really rock then...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment