Saturday, July 14, 2007

No Work today...except Studio Work

I took the day off today...a day off from doing work work. It was nice to not think about that for one day. Finding Reason hit the practice studio today to do some practice. We are thinking about putting a fourth song into the practice rotation. Our three songs (Delusion, Devils, and Love-Hate) are coming along nicely. I don't think i'd be that embarrassed to play Devils in public. I'm starting to get really comfortable with it.
I put the home studio to work today too. I pulled up devils on the computer and muted my guitar parts and then played with the rest of the "band". I need to tweak the mix though...there are some volume mismatches. That's probably one of the hard parts of getting the studio up and running...getting the right mix. I think to help keep the consistency up in the studio, i'm going to buy some new cables so that i have the best signal to the interface from the effects board and from the guitar to the effects board.
I have a few ideas floating in my head for new material...i just need to find the time to dial in the right sound and turn the cloud of unorganized thoughts into something audible and enjoyable. Most of the ideas will be influenced by the new pumpkins album. I just wish that i had the talent to make those ideas flow from my brain to my fingers...
Finding Reason is making progress...hopefully it won't be too much longer.

No comments: