Well...7 days remain before Endeavour lifts off from Kennedy Space Center on an 11 day mission to the International Space Station. Chances are that this will turn into a 14 day mission. The ISS will provide power to the shuttle which will allow the shuttle to stay a few extra days. So, we're all preparing for the long haul. Shuttle missions are exhausting; more so for those that have to sleep shift. My shift is essentially the "rockstar" shift. I'll try to do what i did the last mission i worked and give you a day by day account of the activities.
Over the past couple of days, i've knocked out a lot of work that i had on my list of things to do. Most of the hard work is done and now it is just doing some polishing. I'm just hoping that we launch on time...otherwise a lot of work gets to be done all over again...that's probably the most frustrating thing about planning a flight...along with flight rules. I HATE flight rules...
In other news, Morgan Ensberg was traded to the San Diego Padres today. I like San Diego...so i'm satisfied with where he ended up. He's back home in california, so i'm sure he'll be happy there. Good Luck Morgan. Interestingly enough, San Diego is the only other Major League stadium that i've been in. I watched the Astros play the Padres back in 98. Astros won that game! San Diego is an awesome town...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment