Today was a good day, nay, a great day in the studio. I spent a great deal of time on "Ghost". Ghost is gonna be one of our better liked songs i believe. There are a lot of changes and timing issues that we'll have to nail down. Tonight i found it best to not try to work through the whole song, but rather to put a section of the song on a loop. I started with the first 45 or 50 seconds of the song and just put it on a loop. I played that over and over for what seemed like 30 minutes straight. I wasn't perfect on any of the takes...but that's okay. I'm working on the muscle memory, pattern work, and timing. I worked so much tonight that my fingers and forearms hurt from the constant power chords. But that's good...i'm building up my stamina and endurance. At some point we'll be playing 45 minute, 60 minute, 90 minute sets. My wrists do hurt a bit though...most likely due to all fractures and sprains that i've had...stupid, stupid coffee table.
After my first hour or so in the studio i fixed me some grub...tonight was manwich night. After supper and a few episodes of Scrubs...i returned to the studio to work on Ghost a little more. Basically, i wanted to see how much i remembered after an hour break. I didn't perform horribly...and i even added another 30 or 40 seconds to the loop. I think if i continue this menthod, i might have this song down in a relatively short time. Practice makes better...
I also briefly worked on one of the other covers. I hope that i can pull this one off. I think i'll be the only guitar on this one. And I admire this band's complexity in their rhythm and sequencing. Great stuff...i'd love to pull that one off...
I also worked on yet another cover. For this cover i will use my acoustic/electric guitar...(secretly, i've been wanting to find a song to use this guitar on). Actually, my acoustic was used for the last part of Blue Devils. We can't use the acoustic live though...the switch from electric to acoustic is too fast...therefore i must use an acoustic simulator to get the desired sound.
At any rate...i felt quite accomplished tonight. I haven't felt this accomplished in quite some time. But there is a ton of work yet to be done. And a very long road to trek. Hope to see you along the way...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment