Sunday, January 13, 2008

F&F of FR

Hello Friends and Fans of Finding Reason.

Before i get to the heart of this post, i want to congratulate all the runners of today's Houston Marathon. I've heard nothing but good reports from those that participated today...most setting personal bests for themselves. Some are gearing up for an even longer race...all i have to say is..."Run, Forest, Run". Seriously, though, congratulations for your success!!

Now...Finding Reason had a practice session this morning/afternoon. We moved from the recording studio to the practice studio at Groovy B studios. This is good news. We worked through our cover song, and while we still have a way to go on that one, it sounded pretty good...at least the parts we new together. I must admit, I didn't concentrate on the cover as much as FR material. But that's okay. We added a second cover to work on for homework for next week. Luckily i started working on the second cover this past week, so i have a little head start on that on.

We worked through all our the FR material (Delusion of Trust, Blue Devils, Love-Hate, and Ghost of a Man)...and while we didn't have a drummer, we didn't do too bad. Once we add that drummer in the mix, things should be a lot smoother.

Following the practice session, we started talking about the future. We started talking about some of the equipment that we (Greg and I) need to acquire for gigs and we got a crash course in some of the equipment that is already available to us. All this talk is exciting, yet scary, all at the same time. We still have lots of work to do before we're there, but we continue to progress and improve.

So, today was a great day for a lot of people. I hope your day was great!

No comments: