Saturday, May 05, 2007
The Man Who Fell To Earth
I know, I should've been out enjoying myself on this 5th of May. I was invited to a couple of celebrations. I just couldn't find the motivation to get out. I did work through some Finding Reason material. I was actually on a roll with the guitar work so that was part of the lack of motivation. Later on in the evening, i decided i'd watch a movie that i was saving for the right occasion. Not sure what that occasion was, but tonight was the night. It's no secret that i'm a fan of David Bowie. I was given a box-set gift of "The Man Who Fell To Earth." It contained the book and the movie. I read the book about a year ago. I watched the movie tonight. All i can say is ... that was flippin' bizarre!!! I'll have to read the book again, but i think the movie followed it fairly well. Actually, bizarre doesn't even really begin to describe it...it is definitely out there. And the weird thing is that James Lovell makes an appearance in it. At first i thought it was the JD talking...but no, it definitely was Jim Lovell. By the way, Minute Maid Fruit Punch and JD is pretty good! Isn't it weird how alcohol is like a truth serum. Mysteries ready to be revealed...or not...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment