Sunday, May 13, 2007

Lift, Carry, Set. Repeat as Necessary

This weekend I helped Erin move into her new pad. I've never lived in such a nice apartment. Either the level has risen on the quality of apartments, or i just never looked at the right ones. But this pad will provide a nice home for erin. The cruiser, once again, carried a large amount of stuff. Somehow, we got all of erin's Christmas stuff in the cruiser...and then some. I'm gonna be a little sad to see the cruiser go...
We also did some painting. I do much better painting on canvas than on walls. Sorry for the mess, erin.

After the move, i came home and mowed the backyard. I had hoped to get that done and still make a trip over to Ellington field to welcome home the Expedition 14 crew. They have spent the last 3 weeks rehabilitating and debriefing in Star City, Russia. Well, by the time i got done with the yard, i checked the flight information, and, well, the plane had landed 20 minutes earlier. Must be nice to fly on the NASA gulf stream?

There was supposed to be Finding Reason practice this weekend too. I packed up my gear and headed over to Ben's house. Well, when i got there, no one was there...did i miss something? One of the members of LTS got married and the reception went long...i know that now...didn't know it then. Oh well, so, i returned to the house and unpacked my gear. No practice this night.

So, now what...I was able to meet up with erin and ann (co-worker) and we headed downtown to meet up with Ann's husband, Jesse, and Ann's brother, David. We spent the evening at the Flying Saucer. It was a good time.

So, that summed up my saturday. Today there is still some moving to be done...erin's furniture. I also need to do some laundry and other household chores. I have a rather awkward work schedule this week, pulling 3 graveyard shifts...so somewhere in the next day or so i need to start sleep shifting--basically, i need to stay up as long as i can monday night.

No comments: