I can't say it much better than Melissa, so i'll let her do the talking.
Memorial Day Thanks
Today felt like a Saturday to me...I just hope i remember to go to work tomorrow. ;)
In addition to a much needed haircut, i built my studio computer. I decided to go over to Frys and start from scratch and build the computer that i needed. I bought a new motherboard, CPU, hard drive, RAM and video card. It was a little more than i wanted to pay, but i think i still came out ahead. I'll get my comp-time payout next month and that'll go to studio expenses...which i believe should be covered by the bonus...no extra money out of my pocket...maybe a little...
Well, i spent a few hours putting all the components into the case. Finally got it all together, plugged it in...no dice...nothing...nada. Going back through everything and i found out that the power supply i have is not compatible with the motherboard. Figures. Good news is Frys has a power supply on sale...of course that's a little more money but it's necessary. I'll keep you informed on how well my studio computer works. The studio computer will also double as backup for the laptop and my music collection.
The final necessary piece of studio equipment is that audio interface. I think i'm going to take friday off of work and go to guitar center and see if those guys can help me make a decision on what interface i need. I think my monitors may be in by then.
Well, that's about it for tonight...hope you had a great Memorial day...have a great tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment