Thursday, May 03, 2007

The details...

So, as i previously mentioned, i got up at 4:45am for my trek to College Station. It's only a 2 hour drive to CS and factoring in potential traffic issues, i've got to be on the road by about 5:30am. And inevitably, i am always way ahead of time. If i were to leave a little later then i'd be running into the morning rush hour crowd. Well, even driving the speed limit, i still arrived early. So i decided to spin by some of my old residences...wow...i lived in some shady places. But two of the apartments i lived in were still standing and definitely showing their age.

So, it was on to campus...It's a little weird being back on campus...making the same trek from one building to another as i did time after time back in the 90s...Luckily now, i'm not worried about a test or if my homework is done properly. I definitely don't miss those days...

The Senior Critical Design Review (CDR)is always fun. Basically, the seniors present the design that they've been working on over the last 14 weeks. Persons from industry (me) then ask questions and point out things that the students may have overlooked or point out the things we liked. It's also an opportunity for the students to mingle with the people that might hire them. And it's alway nice to see some of the professors that made your college life miserable. And there is always an opportunity meet new people as different members from industry make appearances. This was my 3rd one to attend and there are some regulars too.

Since my cousin, Kristine, attends A&M, i like to take her out for dinner when i'm in town. This time she was still working when i was complete with the CDR. So, i went over to the Post Oak Maul to kill some time. I was pleasantly surprised that the mall was nearly void of people. I was able to move about without being mauled. I managed to find some things that i've been looking for too. I also found a very cool store, Earthbound Trading Company.

Finally it was time to head over to Kristine's apartment so that we could decide where to eat. I also needed to check some email...i was going through withdrawals... Kristine suggested Abuelos Mexican Restaurant. That was some excellent mexican food! However, i must admit i enjoyed the conversation much more than the food. We had an awesome conversation! We talked about this and we talked about that. Things were learned...I was so enthralled with the conversation that i let my food get cold. But, if you are ever in the area, i recommend Abuelo's. We had a newbie waiter, it was his first day. He did well and i played a few tricks on him along the way...like ordering enchiladas without tortillas. The look on his face was priceless. Anyway, he was awarded with a very nice tip. I had a great time Kristine. Hope your little situation went well...

Well, there you go...the detailed post. Stay tuned for another post later tonight...

No comments: