Flight Day 8 has come and gone. There wasn't too much for me to do today. I did watch my system today as the robotic arm was swinging at high rates. The good news is that my system handled those rates very well. The better news: if we don't have to do any tile repair, all the robotic activities are complete for the mission.
Today's EVA was cut a little short as one of the EVA crew members reported that he had a hole in his glove. The hole only penetrated the outer layer of his glove...there was no compromise of his suit. Per flight rules, he was instructed to return to the airlock while the other EVA crew member finished his tasks. The EVA crew members are instructed to check their gloves for damage every so often. Damage was found on a glove after an EVA several flights ago.
Luckily the crew had worked so efficiently that they were about an hour ahead of the timeline. Nearly all the tasks were completed. The task not completed will be picked up on the next EVA which is scheduled for Saturday.
Tomorrow is a crew day off. That means there won't be much for us on the ground to do. But i'm sure we'll all be busy replanning the last few days of the mission. There are a lot of decisions that need to be made and each decision has within it decisions that need to be made...ahhh...the joys of planning.
Tomorrow's color is black. I'll be doing it Johnny Cash style...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well, there's things that never will be right I know,
And things need changin' everywhere you go,
But 'til we start to make a move to make a few things right,
You'll never see me wear a suit of white.
Ah, I'd love to wear a rainbow every day,
And tell the world that everything's OK,
But I'll try to carry off a little darkness on my back,
'Till things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black
Post a Comment