Sunday, August 12, 2007

FD5 -- Focused Inspection

Today was the inspection of the orbiter belly to determine the extent of the damage caused by shedding foam upon launch. I don't know what the results of that inspection are yet. Today was a pretty nominal day and we got caught up...as much as we are going to at this time. Tomorrow will be an exciting day for my group. We are getting a new CMG. EVA 2 will be the remove and replace of the control moment gyroscope. I get to turn it on for the first time and i also get to spin it up for the first time. I'm quite excited about that. I started working with the CMGs before they were even in orbit...so i'm honored to get to turn on and spin up this new CMG.

Today we learned that we are officially extending the mission to 14 days. So there will be at least another 3 days of console work for us. Working a mission can beat you down...it's tough...but rewarding...

Tomorrow's color is red or purple.

1 comment:

Joshua said...

I'm mixing the two and wearing maroon.