Thursday, August 09, 2007

FD 2 -- The Day Before

As promised here is the first update on the STS 118/13A.1 mission. Tonight is the day before docking, which means that today was the slowest it's going to be all mission. My backroom (Matt), my OJT(Erin), and i worked hard to make sure that docking day events were ready to go. Docking is perhaps the most exciting day for an ADCO on most missions. This mission has a few other ADCO related items that will make it exciting. Despite it being a slow day, it was extremely busy...there was very little time to sit back and relax. Tomorrow will be a very busy day with a very packed time line for us and for the crews. I was so preoccupied with worrying about tomorrow's activities, that i'm not even sure what is happening on the shuttle side. As far as i know things are going well...despite some sort of O2 leak.
Tomorrow's color is pink. Joel, our lead Flight Director, is notorious for selecting a color for the next day's attire. I'm sure there will be some days i can't participate, for i don't have every color...

Tonight was also a Finding Reason practice session, with a drummer. Unfortunately i wasn't able to be there since i'm working the mission. I was told that i was missed...I was sad to have missed that practice...but there will be more...

No comments: