Thursday, August 02, 2007

Glad Today's Over

Today was one of those days that was full of little "brush fires". I was stamping out fires all day...trying to keep them from getting out of control. It was a rather stressful day. I'm glad it's over. By the end of the day i felt i had done a decent job cleaning up all that was amiss. I hope that tomorrow is a little less stressful. I hope to have a relaxing weekend, before the excitement starts.

Potential show stoppers do lurk in the shadows. There is/was a cabin leak in Endeavour. Last i heard, engineers were repairing a faulty valve that is the suspected cause of the leak. Hopefully this will get fixed. Perhaps i'll know more tomorrow. Another potential issue is the Phoenix mission. The Phoenix mission will take priority over STS118/13A.1 mission because the launch window only comes around every 2 years. The Pheonix mission will send a lander to Mars and is expected to launch saturday morning. If for some reason the Phoenix mission doesn't get off the ground, it will take over the range if necessary, which means my mission will be delayed. The STS118/13A.1 teams are hoping that the weather cooperates and allows the Phoenix launch as well as Endeavour's launch. We're ready for this mission to be over with. Everyone has been putting in a ton of hours over the last few weeks/months to get ready for this thing. Finishing this mission also means that i'm a bit closer to some sort of vacation.

I did get into the studio tonight. Man, i really need to finish that thing up. It's functional, but needs to be cleaned up. I worked through Finding Reason's 3 songs and started learn another song (not written by us). We need some filler material to lengthen our set. I'm not ready to reveal the song we are working on, but the particular band has made it to an edition of Horelica House of Music. I also have some new Finding Reason news, but again, i'm not ready to reveal that just yet. I know, i tease...

No comments: