Thursday, January 11, 2007

STS116/12A.1 Team Celebration...

Tonight, Lisa and I headed over to Villa Capri for the post STS116/12A.1 mission celebration. The crew was there as well as a hand full of other astronauts, flight directors, trainers, engineering, family and friends. The food was good, the wine was flowing, and the laughs were aplenty.

Now, if only i didn't have to go to work tomorrow. I'm pretty exhausted. I've been "on call" this week. That means if anything bad happens during the night, i get called. Well, last night I got called...at 1:30am. Well, luckily i didn't have to use my brain very much...and the situation was under control before i was called. But i hate when i leave the pager on vibrate...that damn thing makes more noise and racket than if i were to leave the pager on beep mode. It scared the crap out of me...nothing like a shot of adrenaline to wake you up. Well, nonetheless, it was a little difficult to go back to sleep...

I need a vacation...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a secret pleasure to call/page folks while they're sleeping, you know...

Rob, Melissa, Luke & Joel Green said...

I didn't hear about a 12A.1 celebration! Being HSG sucks! We work and never get any glory!