Monday, January 15, 2007

The Brotha from anotha Motha


The Brothas

Well, the surprise worked. My visit was indeed a surprise for my brotha from anotha motha... Nick and I go way back...probably sometime before 4th grade. You know, i can't remember the last time i saw nick. He said he hasn't been in this area for 4 years...so i guess it's been at least 4 years. Well, it's tough to keep in touch when you are busy in your own life...and nick said he was home only 43 days this past year...join the navy and see the world. He spent some time in Afghanistan and Iraq. He showed me a video from some of the engagements he or his squadron was involved in. Pretty cool stuff in a morbid sort of way.

Nick, his lovely wife Jen, and beautiful daughter Lily are on their way to Fallon, Nevada.

Jen, Nick, and me.

The beautiful Lily...she scratched herself with her nails...which were then promptly trimmed.

Nick will be flying as an adversary for Top Gun. He will be flying the F-16. Yep, that's right...a navy guy getting some time in an air force bird.

Anyway, Nick and i picked up where we left off...almost as if we had never been apart. I've always enjoyed spending time with my surrogate family. I spent quite a lot of time with Donna and A.C. Nick's sister, Natalie, and her kids were there. I feel old now...Natalie's oldest, Carl is now 20 years old...it almost seems like yesterday when he was knee-high to a grasshopper (one of those strange sayings...). I missed Danny (Natalie's husband). He's such a riot to hang out with.

Well, my visit came to an end and it was time to go. I miss my old friend. But seeing Nick and his family again put a smile on my face. So, thanks Nick for making my day. It was good to see you again. I hope to visit you in the in near future!
Take care and see you soon...

No comments: