Friday, January 05, 2007

"Boondoggles, Alpha..."

...was the call that came down from the International Space Station last night. Normally, it's "Houston, Alpha." Last night was the "half-way" party for Expedition/Increment 14. The US crew (Mike LA and Suni Williams) called down to "join" the party that was being held at Boondoggles (a local watering hole for astronauts, flight controllers, engineers, and others). The call lasted for about an hour and a half and went well into the crew sleep period. The phone was passed around and many people got the chance to congratulate the crew. Unfortunately, i was on console while this was going on, but it was entertaining to listen to the conversations.

Following my shift, I headed over to Sherlock's (another favorite watering hole) to watch the last few sets of Less Than Serious. I stayed up way too late though...i'm tired this morning. But as always, it was a good show.

I suppose i can catch up on my sleep on the weekend.
What are your plans for the weekend?

3 comments:

Jena said...

I'm gonna try my second attempt at snowboarding! Woke up with some fresh snow up on them there mountains. Maybe this time it won't hurt as much when I fall!

Todd said...

I hope to give snowboarding a shot one day...
Have fun and be careful!

Rob, Melissa, Luke & Joel Green said...

Man, as the E14 training lead for my group, you'd have thought I'd have heard of this party! Sheesh!

-R