So...at first i was a little concerned. The mechanic said that the vehicle would be rendered stranded if this thing broke--which is a true statement...i can't shift gears without it. It sounded as though the part was nearly going to break...that was the concerning part.
I popped the hood and searched around and saw what the mechanic was looking at...and that is something that i noticed probably more than a year ago. At least Chrysler designed it so that the cable wouldn't easily pop off the pin.
A quick search on the internet yielded the $3 solution. I spent roughly 20 minutes on this workaround (and it probably works better than replacing the entire cable anyway). I was so excited that things were going together so smoothly, that i complete forgot to take a picture of the workaround before i replaced the air filter box. Well, i took a picture of the fix after everything was back in place...
I busted my knuckles trying to get to the other cable which is under a bracket that i decided was more trouble removing that what it was worth. At any rate, the cruiser is fixed...and i saved $497. So, i charged myself $497...hmm...i think i'll buy some winter clothes...
1 comment:
sorry you had to bust your knuckles but hopefully it was worth it if it fixes PeTey!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment