To learn more about the Sputnik story, tune into this Wikipedia site.
It's hard to believe that the space age is only 50 years old. We've come a long way in 50 years time...too many advances to list here. Once upon a time we were in a race against the Russians, now we work with them and call them our friends. And we currently work together on the world's grandest engineering project.
Without the advances made over the last 50 years, my signature would not have made it on orbit.


I blurred out the other signatures on the card since i didn't have their permission to post. We signed this card and sent it up on a Russian Progress vehicle during Increment 14. I think LA enjoyed all the "personal" items that we sent to them during their 7 month stay.
I'm sure the next 50 years will yield even more exciting events!
Again, Congratulations to our Russian friends on 50 years!
No comments:
Post a Comment