Wednesday, July 30, 2008

When Work Doesn't Get in the Way

I was able to accomplish a lot today. You see, i accumulated 26 hours worth of work over the weekend and that allowed me to play hooky from work.
I had intended to sleep late, but the neighbor who only mows his yard once every month and a half decided today, this morning, was the day to mow the lawn. At 7am he was making noise. So much for that idea.

I finally got around to dropping off some of my work clothes at the cleaners. Then i decided i would finally drop off the large bag of clothes i set aside for donation. And that i did. I did go to work for about 3 hours to take care of some nuisance type work. Following the 3 hours at work, i came home to get ready for a workout at the gym. A nice 45 minute workout wore me out, since it had been nearly a week since my last lifting workout. But i wasn't done yet.

I came home to get some laundry started. I waited for the mail man in hopes that my pouch for my Nike+ sensor would come in. But it never came. I decided to run anyway. Today's goal was 3 miles. I decided to place the sensor in a slightly different location. That location changed the output of the sensor (and i wasn't really surprised). This time the sensor was measuring a slightly longer distance traveled that what i actually did. I think this time the sensor was slightly more horizontal to the ground. At any rate, i won't be getting consistent results until i get that pouch and keep my sensor placement in the same location.

Following the run i went to get a smoothie...a chocolate monkey to be exact. That was pretty yummy. Picked up some other food too and headed home.

The plan was to get into the studio tonight to do some additional work. I wanted to print some music out, but i fought with what appears to be a dying or dead printer. Ugh. So, i got frustrated and walked out. I'll get in the studio tomorrow.

So, i finished the laundry instead.

So many things get done when work doesn't get in the way...what could you get accomplished?

3 comments:

JS77 said...

i worked on my book,AND I got in some calorie burnin on my bike. we both know i have the advantage that work doesn't get in my way...

although house work usually does,LOL

Anonymous said...

"I don't mind going to work. It's the eight hour wait to go home that sucks!"
- Ancient Proverb

JS77 said...

working never bothered me much. i do miss it........