Saturday, July 05, 2008

The Annual July 4th Bash

What would be a 4th of July celebration without good friends? Well...let's just say it wouldn't be the same without them. Again the annual 4th of July celebration was held at the Parris' for the 2nd year in a row. The Green's weren't available the last two years...we missed you! Anyway...great food (the American flag cake made by Carla), pleasant conversation, a wee bit o'drinkin', the blueberry incident (which replaced last year's cheeto incident), and some good ol' blow up in your face fireworks...what's not to like?

Ok, no one was hurt in the fireworks demonstration. Although, we were trying for the "blow up in your face" part of the night when our firework finale failed to go off.

Here is a small slide show of some of the events of last night. I'm hoping Josh or Melissa Wallace will post more pictures.

2 comments:

Joshua said...

I have modified the Dangerous Unexploded Device (DUD) that was to be our grand finale. I have bypassed the primary fuse and have tied directly into a secondary internal fuse. I plan on giving it another go tonight.

Joshua said...

FYI - all secondary attempts to explode the DUD were unsuccessful. I am going to stop my attempts to make it explode at this point for I feel it is better to keep my face than to make a stupid expensive waterlogged firework...work.