Yes, for those of you wondering, I made it through the night...a post to come later.
So, it's no secret that yesterday was my 31st birthday. I've been working on console all week and working hard...it was not an easy week to be there. I put in 50 hours this week. On Friday afternoon, i got a call on console and on the other end was Mike Lopez-Alegria the commander from the ISS. As soon as i answered he broke into song...the happy birthday song. Unfortunetly, the communication gods were in my favor and we were cut off before i could thank him or talk to him. But i did get to hear the song. That was Awesome!!
A few minutes later before the evening daily planning conference, Mike played a song by Big Head Todd and the Monsters on account of my birthday. He and Suni then wished me a happy birthday and thanked me for all the work that i do. We were able to see this on video. I did get an mp3 of the conversation, but when i played the mp3 it didn't cover the whole conversation...only the first part of the song...i was a little bummed. But i think i can get a copy. At any rate, that is one of the most unique birthday wishes i have ever received. And thanks to all that sent me email or called. It means a lot.
Earlier in the day, Ginger, bought me an icecream cake to share with the team. So, it was a great birthday. Better than i could ever have imagined.
Thanks...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Happy birthday. I'll be sure to eat a slice of cake here in your honour.
Sounds awesome Todd! Happy Birthday!
Ramon
Happy (belated) Birthday, Todd!
Thanks for all the birthday wishes!
Post a Comment