Well, not exactly. I didn't snort cocaine off the bum of a groupie. Wait. What's the latest rockstar trendy thing to do? I dunno.
The night's festivities were planned out in advance so at least the logistics were taken care of. We had a designated driver (thanks Nick), we had an inconspicuous party vehicle (dodge caravan), we had restaraunt reservations, we had cake and balloons (thanks erin), and we had a post party place to crash (thanks Justin, Erin, and Branelle).
There were two birthdays to be celebrated on this day, mine (31) and Branelle's (25). We started the festivities at the post party crash location with a couple of bottles of champaigne. After that we piled into the inconspicuous party vehicle and put in an 80s CD and we were off. After dodging some traffic tie ups we were in the flow of traffic on the way to the restaraunt (El Tiempo Cantina) The food was good and the frozen margaritas were (wait for the Scrubs' Dr. Cox impression...) stro-ooo-eeoo-eeoo-eeoo-eeoo-nnnnnggggh!! Luckily i wasn't the only one that thought that. Anyway...i was feeling good after a couple of margaritas and i learned a new way to eat a cupcake (thanks branelle).
Once we settled the bill we piled into the inconspicuous party vehicle and moved on to our new location, Volcano. The strawberry basil margarita was a little too strong on the basil so i switched to mojitos.
And eventually the night was coming to a close. We all piled into the inconspicuous party vehicle and made it back to the post party crash location. I occupied a little corner of the couch and was out (thanks for taking care of me erin!)
I left out the details to protect the innocent (er guitly). But it is safe to say that all had fun! I don't have any of the pictures, but i'm sure they will start circulating...pehaps they'll make it to the blog (embarrasing or not...)
And...for the oddity of the night: There were not 1, not 2, not even 3, but FOUR Todds at the restaraunt in our party. I've only ever encountered another Todd in the same party. But four was just beyond odd...
Well, tonight i think i'm going to try to catch Less Than Serious. I don't think i'll be doing any drinking but it is St. Patrick's day. Definitely won't be drinking as much as i did last night. Whatever you do, be safe...and be merry.
Saturday, March 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment