Sunday, February 11, 2007

Rockstar? Finding Reason Debuts!

Oh Wow! I'm still a little overwhelmed! Finding Reason played it's first "show"!! Well, just like anything you do for the first time, you aren't that good at it. Of course you are your own worst critic. The mix in my monitors was much better than Wednesday night but there was still some tweakin' that needed to be done. This led to some issues that caused me to royally screw up. And there were some other issues of my own doing that i'll not forget next time.

The two song set went by way too fast! It started and was over nearly before i knew it. Finding Reason played for about 35 people. I was shaking before it started and i hope that didn't translate into the playing. I felt i did really well on "Delusion of Trust." And our kick-ass song "Love-Hate" didn't go as well as I had hoped it would.

But it was super exciting. It was great to hear the crowd react to the performance. We actually got a lot of good responses from people about "Love-Hate". We knew this going in that "Love-Hate" was going to be our crowd pleaser. Well, i was somewhat pleased that i didn't panic and just freeze...i kept going and picked up where i needed to. Ahh...it was a great time. It was such a rush that i was shaking for about 20 minutes after the performance. It was surreal, I had people coming up to me introducing themselves...It was AWESOME!!!

Here are a some of the pictures of the night, thanks to Erin. I can't seem to locate my photo software, so these are raw images.


This is my favorite shot...i'm a big fan of black and white.


Here is a good shot of Greg.

Here is Ben layin' down the angst in "Love-Hate".


Here is our borrowed drummer, Ron. He did an outstanding job.


And, here is one last shot of me in front of Fermenter 7.

There was some video shot of the performance...and I expect that we'll have that posted on Finding Reason's myspace page in the near future. Also, there may be some other pictures floating around out there of the performance, these are the one's that i got ahold of. I'll keep you posted of new pictures and perhaps the video. And of course any new information that I may have...

Well, it was a great time. I had fun. Erin had fun (I hope). I can't wait till we can do it again!!

I have lived the dream...

Rock on!

2 comments:

Joshua said...

Congrats!!

Was backstage like it was portrayed in the movie "Rock Star"?

Erin said...

It was great! All bands rocked the house and Finding Reason put on a star worthy debut. Congrats guys!