Monday, February 19, 2007

All in a Holiday...

Today was President's day and that meant i had the day off. I truly considered going in to work to take care of some work. I have a busy week ahead of me and probably should've gone in. I'll pay for it later in the week.

Anyway...what did i do with my time? Well, for one, i slept in a little later than normal. After waking my tired eyes, i went through my normal website routine and then did some laundy. Not terribly exciting, but it's gotta be done. Following the laundry was dish duty. Following that, I killed some time by playing Josh's game of the week. Pretty entertaining...

I made a trip to Best Buy to see if they had the HD upconvert DVD player that i had been looking for. Well, today they had what i wanted...so i cashed in some of my Best Buy bucks for a nifty DVD player that will get me a near HD quality picture. And, well, yes, there is a noticable difference from my standard DVD player to my HD upconvert DVD player. So, when we watch movies at my house, it'll be near HD.

I spent the next few hours in Rockstar practice. I went through "Delusion" and "Love-Hate" to get a little cleaner on those songs. I started to work through our third song, "Blue Devils". This one still gives me issues. I hope to get better on this song...but i don't expect to be ready to play live for a while. After i finished all of that i started working on writing some new material. The way things have worked in the band is i'll come up with some lick or riff and take it to the guys. Ben will take it to the next level and Greg will add the bass...and then the song is written. So, i was able to come up with something...i put it in a nifty power tabs program and sent it to the guys. I'm sure we'll put it on the shelf for a later date...i don't feel that this little riff will go anywhere. We'll see...??

So, that was pretty much my day. Not terribly exciting and not quite as productive as i had hoped it would be...but it was a nice day. I finished the day off with a nice tasty coke float...

How did you spend your day?

No comments: