Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Hail! Oh Hell!

I'm sure you've heard by now, but mother nature is responsible for the latest shuttle mission postponement. A vicious hail storm has damaged the external tank and part of the space shuttle. The stack has been rolled back to the VAB for repairs. That means the scheduled launch of STS 117/13A on March 15th has been delayed until the April/May launch window. Since I am not working this mission, there isn't much of an impact on me...other than having to work console. But there is nothing new there. I think this delay will have a domino effect on the subsequent flights...which will give me a little more time to plan my flight. Sometimes additional time only harbors additional concerns, additional work, and additional stress. We'll see where it goes.

All week i have been planning for a sim for our mission. This will be the second simulation in as many weeks for the STS 118/13A.1 mission. And all my planning products need a lot of work...ahhh, the joys of planning a mission...

No comments: