Friday, September 07, 2007

Can You See, Hear, and Breathe?

Today i had the first part of my biennial flight controller physical. With the clinic at work, you never know what you'll come back with. That stupid hearing booth...i hate that thing. I think it's more of a psychological booth...cause you think you hear things...then you start pushing that little button. The guy comes on over intercom and says, "Sir, the test hasn't started yet." I know you know what i'm talking about. Your mind starts to manufacture sounds...uggh. I did find out that you just can't push the button. If the program receives too many button pushes without putting out a tone, an error will occur and the program will have to be restarted. That guy had to restart the program several times. But, according the sound test, my hearing is normal.

My vision still sucks. I'll know later this month how much my vision has changed. I don't think it has changed that much. I did notice that i wasn't able to see the numbers in the color circle again...perhaps my color vision is getting worse. I hate that darn vision test. I think i did better on the depth perception test though...perhaps that is because of all the 'magic-eye 3D' puzzles i've been looking at?

Lung capacity test was normal. EKG was better than previous tests, although i'm not sure what that means. They did tell me they might do my blood pressure again. said it was a little high. That might have something to do with the fact that i just booked it in from the parking lot after a long lunch. It was so incredibly hot outside too.

I won't know the results of my blood/urine tests until later in the month...i'm sure my cholesterol is too high. Oh well...it's been that way for the last 7 years...

Well, somehow, i've ended up on call for the weekend. Hopefully, i won't have any more on-call stories to tell...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like things went the way you expected,thats a good thing.your vision has got to be better than mine.i am sooo nearsighted its just pathetic.hope you have a nice weekend.take care of yourself.i get to go shopping again today,oh joy!