Sunday, September 30, 2007

From Sweden?

So, i've encountered a dimensional challenge with my studio. I am limited by the width of my door as to the size of my loveseat. All the ones that i've looked at online have been too large to fit through the door. Bummer. I did find a few that i liked from Ikea, however, the Houston Ikea does not have them in stock. So, i decided I'd see how much it was to order it online. Shipping and Handling costs were on the order of $365. Where is this shipping from, Sweden? In one instance the S&H was almost more than the item that i wanted to order. How crazy is that?

I did find another suitable loveseat that i could buy, where the S&H is respectable. I haven't made a decision yet. I may trek up to Ikea and see if they could get me that loveseat i want minus the $365 S&H charge.

Perhaps, i'll steal a page from Miss Reed's blog and put up the choices of loveseats that i'm looking at? I'm not in much of hurry, but i'd like to complete this project.

1 comment:

Rob, Melissa, Luke & Joel Green said...

Todd, it's going to make things harder for you if I tell you this, but I can't not tell you. We have several pieces of furniture that would never fit through any door if we just looked at the specs. All of them fit in, though, b/c of the way you twist them and wrap around the door jams.

-R