Friday, December 08, 2006

Launch Delay and Christmas Plans...

As you probably have heard by now, the launch of Discovery has been delayed due to weather. Next attempt will be tomorrow night (Saturday, Dec. 9th at 7:37pm central time). The weather will only be marginally better than today. The next launch attempt, if tomorrow is unsuccessful, is yet to be determined. The launch window extends through Dec. 25th.

This obviously could affect Christmas plans for a lot of people. I'm sad to say, but the launch delay has already affected my Christmas plans. I'll be missing Christmas on my mom's side of the family. This will be a big disappointment since it is always a good time. And Christmas on my dad's side is in jeopardy as well. Hopefully i can find some time to spend with my family for Christmas.

Well, stay tuned for the latest on the mission...
What are your Christmas plans and have they been affected by the launch delay?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christmas plans are to spend Christmas Eve with the family and sleep on Christmas day unitl whenever. Since I got the nice gig, I don't have to work on Christmas Eve or Christmas day anymore. YEAH...
But the launch or its delay doesn't effect our plans, sorry.

Kelly and I hope your Christmas holiday goes well and be safe.

Jena said...

Flying to PA on the 23rd...all my work is typically done underground, so this space stuff doesn't affect me too much!

Sorry to hear about the messed up plans...that really sucks.