Saturday, December 09, 2006

Discovery lifts off into the night!


Pretty spectacular launch. I heard it was in HD. Soon I'll have the capability to watch programs in HD, but for tonight, it was just regular old TV. Well, with the launch of Discovery, i'll be supporting the mission from the ADCO seat on the planning shift. Basically, I'll be making sure that the plan for the next day(s) are in order and ready to execute. If there are any changes that need to be made during the mission, i'll work to sort it out and get it ready.

Well, now that we've started the mission, i can say that only one of my Christmas plans will be affected. I will still be able to attend Christmas on my dad's side. And since i'm working the crappy shift, you probably won't see much of me over the next 9 days.
Go Discovery...this mission will be the most difficult mission of the assembly of the ISS.
Proud to be a part of it...

1 comment:

Jena said...

The most difficult thus far, or of all the assembly to come in the future too?