Well, that's four shifts down with 5 more to go. All is going smoothly with the mission so far. There have been a few snags along the way, but all in all, things are going well. There was an EVA today. All went well.
Tonight's shift was a little more busy than the previous shifts. Sometimes you don't feel like you've accomplished anything...tonight was one of those nights. My backroom, Christina, and I did do a lot of work, but sometimes there isn't a lot to show for it. I did manage quite a few discussions tonight which leads to a lot of time writing down what was discussed and what still needs to be discussed. Poor Molly has a short novel to read each morning she takes over from me. Those of you that know me, I tend to talk a lot, sometimes too much. Well, it seems that rambling carries on to the paper.
Today will be one of the most nervous parts of the mission. We are going to retract a portion of one of the solar arrays so that we can use another set of solar arrays. This will be the first time that a solar array has been retracted on orbit. What makes everyone nervous is the fact that we need to retract this solar array to go on with the mission. And since that solar array has been exposed to the harsh environment of space for several years, people are nervous that it won't retract properly. I'm quite nervous...it's not my equipment, but i'm still nervous.
I suppose when i wake up i'll know the results of that solar array retract.
Wow...this is somewhat surreal. I'm at home watching a live interview with the Flight Director that is on my shift. I just left 45 minutes ago, now i see him on TV. Space business is cool.
For those of you that have NASA TV, you might have an opportunity to see me on TV. I've been watching some of the playbacks and I have seen myself a few times. My console position is the front left console in the room. If you see me on TV let me know...i'll revel in my 15 seconds of "fame."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I saw you
I saw you a couple times!
-M
I saw you.
Post a Comment