And Best Buy was having some spectacular deals that were too good to be true...well, that was the case for those of us that didn't show up to stand in line the previous night. There is nothing in that store that i couldn't live without...especially to give up my time and sleep to stand in line for half a day. I just sacrificed about 3 hours of my time and sleep...so that wasn't too bad. I didn't come away with anything this morning...my product was sold out within i'd say 15 minutes of the doors opening.
As the line wrapped around the back of the building complex and down the darkened street, i knew that my chances were slim, if that. However, i was up and warm so I decided to stick it out and do some people watching. This was the true entertainment of the morning. People were very civil. But when the doors opened and once people were in the store it was as if an ant hill had been disturbed. Everywhere there were people scattering for the hot items, swarmging them and covering them. The lines to check out were extremely long, wrapping up and down the ilses. I was entertained as i walked slowly throught the store while everyone else was at double speed...it was almost surreal.
I ran into Lisa Parris and Melissa Wallace while there. They had collected the items they came for and I decided to walk with them through the twisting and turning checkout lines...it made my time worth it just talking with those two.
So, I showed up about 3:15 in the AM, and was back in bed by about 6:45. I was a bit disappointed that i couldn't get my TV. In fact, i almost bought a more expensive one to make my time really worth it...but in the long run decided not to do that...i'll do a little more research and get one that i am familiar with. I don't think i'll find any deals as great as today, but I'm sure there will be some good deals out there.
I will say that Best Buy has the process down on how to deal with a hungry, salivating crowd. This crowd was civil and there were no incidents to speak of. Once inside the store the traffic moved freely...although you had to twist and turn and to avoid the grabbing hands. But kudos to Best Buy for their holiday process...it works.
I hope you had a great Thanksgiving and are recovering nicely from the abundance of food. And for those of you that braved the black friday crowds, i hope you got everything you were out there to get...
Friday, November 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You woke up at the butt crack of sleep time and came home with NOTHING???!!??? WHAT THE HELL??? If my ass misses out on sleep to go and stand in line, I'm gonna come home with something, even if its not exactly what I want. But I sure am coming home with something.
I'm glad to see you're doing well.
Post a Comment