Saturday, October 14, 2006

Quad and a Hammy...

Today was another day of football. Today was also the day i went on the disabled list. I don't want to hear it, mom. I still had a good day prior to the injury. Threw for one touchdown and caught the obligatory 40+ yard TD pass. I say obligatory because, i essentially ran the same route that i ran last week with the same results...same side of the field and everything. Does two outings justify obligatory? perhaps another blog another time.
The injuries came on the TD catch. As i accelerated to catch up to the pass, i pulled both my quadricep and my hamstring...on the same leg. I thought i could go on, but decided it was best to not do further damage. So, i'm gimpy right now. I went to the store to pick up some icy/hot and some cold/heat treatments. Today i've been icing the injury....it numbs it for a while and then i have to massage out the knots...it's a bit painful, but i'm optimistic that this will get better.
I attribute the injury to not properly warming up. There was no awkward twisting or collisions or anything like that associated with football...
So, make sure you warm up properly before engaging in any kind of exercise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good way to take one for the team Todd!