Sunday, October 01, 2006

All in a weekend...

I had quite the busy weekend. I started off the weekend with a new haircut. I like to change hair styles every now and then so, it was time for something new to go with my new life. Ashley, my hair stylist, came up with this cut. I think this one might stay around for a while. Nice job, Ashley.



I did some quick shopping for some needed items on Saturday morning. I bought some football cleats so that i can start participating in touch/flag football. Looks like i might have to take Tarik's place since he is on the DL. I also bought another SD card for my camera. Now i can pack 2GB worth of pictures on my camera.

I did a little bit of cleaning around the house Saturday afternoon...laundry and dishes.

Saturday night, i was invited to a wine and cheese party. The party was thrown by Ben and his girlfriend Jennifer. I'm not much of a wine guy so i elected to sip on some margaritas instead. I did indulge in some different cheeses. But I left the party a bit early to make the drive to EB.

Sunday was family reunion day. This was going to be the first time to see my extended family since the heather situation occurred. Not once did i feel uncomfortable. There were some conversations about the heather situation (i call it the heather situation after Pulp Fiction's "the bonnie situation."-- although there really isn't much of a connection between the two.), but I'm pretty comfortable talking about it now. I spent a good portion of the reunion talking with my cousin Kyle about flying. He just started flying lessons in early september, so i was reliving all my experiences for him. I do miss flying, but it's really hard to make the time for it. I have a lot of things i need to do before i get back into flying...so that will be on hold for a while.
It was good to see all my relatives today. And the food was marvelous. The food was prepared by Uncle Ken and Granny, with mom on Tea detail. Uncle Ken pan fried chicken for a group of about 40 people. I think he started cooking around 8:30 in the morning. The food was excellent: fried chicken, buttered whole potatoes, green beans, cole slaw and tea. I filled up on this food twice today. here are a few pictures from the weekend's activities:







5 comments:

Rob, Melissa, Luke & Joel Green said...

Nice doo! much better than the other one! Looks like you had a pretty fun and busy weekend.

-M

Tarik said...

Hair stylist?!?! Jeeze, did you read the latest Cosmo while you were sitting under the drier with the other ladies?

Todd said...

Hey, I now know 16 ways to make your figure more flattering...strangely enough, there is some good information in those magazines...

Joshua said...

Dude, I'm with Tarik on this one! hehehe

Anonymous said...

those are 2 great pictures of you todd,i am especially loving the 2nd one,at the risk of begging,PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE PUT IT ON MYSPACE!!!!!!!!!!LOL!!!!!