Saturday, October 07, 2006

Horelica House of Music (#9) -- Influences Edition

Welcome to another edition of Horelica House of Music. This is the first of the influences edition. Every now and then i'll list some of my influences. Although one could consider any music that i listen to an influence in some way.
But I consider both of these my major influences.

David Bowie. There really isn't more to say here. The name says it all. I was lucky enough to see Bowie in concert. Here is a review i did several years ago of the concert.



The Smashing Pumpkins. I don't exactly remember when I got into the Pumpkins, but it must've been the early 90s. I, unfortunately, didn't get to see the Pumpkins live. I did get to see Billy Corgan perform though with Zwan. Here is the review i did for that show. There is something intoxicating about the Pumpkin's music. I love the soft and loud transitions and the gritty distortion. There is something so warm and creamy about that tone...hopefullly I can bring some of that forth for Finding Reason.



You will see these guys again on future versions of Horelica House of Music.

No comments: