Monday, October 23, 2006

The Dream...

I can't remember when or where the dream started. Perhaps it was when my parents got me my first guitar, which i never really played. The guitar still rests in a corner in their house. Perhaps it was later in life when i was able to appreciate music. I really don't remember...and i suppose it doesn't matter at this point.
Finding Reason will perform live in front of their first audience. (maybe) Ben's girlfriend, Jen, wants an opening band for her next birthday party in February. Jen really cares for Ben and she wants him to acheive his dream...playing original music...the road to rock stardom. While Ben already plays with his other band, their music is not original. So, Jen is helping Finding Reason along by laying down a goal...
Finding Reason will play a small set (2-3 songs) at her private birthday party at St. Arnold's Brewery in February. Now, we have a lot of work to do in the meantime. We need to get a drummer (in work). We need to finish some more songs (in work). We need to find a singer (have a temporary contact in mind). Now, i said maybe earlier...and that was because we have a lot of work to do. I think Greg and I are a little nervous...no, scratch that...a lot nervous about the whole thing. This is a big thing...bigger than i have ever imagined.
I always had the dream. The dream seemed so large that it could never be realized. But maybe it is...
Don't hold your breath...I don't think you'll see us in regular venues just yet.
I will keep you informed as things become more solidified.
I think i'll go throw up now...

1 comment:

Erin said...

Hooray Todd! There's nothing like a deadline to kick start a dream... Keep us posted and let us know how it goes!