Monday, September 04, 2006

Crikey! Steve, we're gonna miss you...




How many times have you been flipping through the channels and you come across Steve Irwin wrestling a crocodile or playing with venom spitting snakes? I know i've done it quite a few times. And you always thought to yourself, "what an idiot, he's gonna die from a snake bite or have an appendage ripped off from a crocodile." I know i have. I still remember the episode where he cried because a long time crock friend of his had died. That was a sad episode.

Sadly, it wasn't a snake nor a crocodile that took his life...but a stingray. The barb of a stingray pierced his heart and killed him while he was filming for his daughter's show.

Today is indeed a sad day...We're gonna miss you Steve.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree. I remember the time he had the most poisonous snake in all of Australia come up between his legs as he's standing on a land rover above the engine.

I thought then and this guy would lose his balls right then and there. But he kept on going and lived to film more and more shows that entertained us.

I say CRIKEY to Steve...

Jena said...

That's crazy! Poor guy, but in his line of work, I suppose it was only a matter of time.