Saturday, September 09, 2006

You can Thank Me Later...


You can thank me later, for I had an instrumental part in getting Space Shuttle Atlantis off the ground today. Today I gave a "go for launch" from my console position in the ISS Flight Control Room. OK, i wasn't the only one giving a "go for launch", but I indeed give a go for launch. It was quite exciting to see the launch from that position. Internation Space Station construction will continue with this flight. This flight and the next flight will be the two most difficult missions that NASA will ever conduct for the ISS. I would have been part of both missions, but personal issues prevented me from going to Moscow on this flight. I will be a part of the next flight which will occur in December. Luckily I'll be supporting the December mission from Houston. I don't think i'm ready for the harsh winters of Moscow.

You can keep track of the progress of the mission here: Spacelfight Now

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always knew you would help change the world...or just launch a big rocket into space. HEHEHE