Embarrassing. Although not entirely our fault. It has been one year since Finding Reason made their debut, and to date, only performance. The two song set included the melodic Delusion of Trust and the edgy Love/Hate. Work, that thing that finances our endeavors, just so happens to be a double-edged sword. But i'm hoping that this year will be better. I was the lead for two different flights last year and Ben was the lead on one. Greg was...well, i'm not sure what Greg's excuse is...
Any way, the good news is we have four original songs completed (3 of which are probably performance ready). The fourth just needs to be oiled in the squeaky parts and practiced with a drummer...and then we're ready. We also have two covers that are ready to go too. Six songs to carry us forth. Of course that is assuming i haven't atrophied what i knew. I haven't played my guitars in several days now...with at least another week to go...and it's been 3 weeks or more since Finding Reason had a practice.
So, that brings me back to that chilly night at St. Arnold's Brewery in Houston, TX. The grounds at which we lost our performance virginity. For Greg and I it was truly our first. Ben, of course, has been around the block a few times with Less Than Serious.
Here is a recap of that night:
Rockstar? Finding Reason Debuts
More Finding Reason Debut Pics
I still very much remember that night. I remember how i was uber nervous...especially right before going on. I remember how i was shaking from the adrenalin rush following the set. I remember people i didn't know coming up to talk to me after the set. I remember the special people there. It was a great time.
I know you've been wanting to know...and the answer is soon. It will NOT be another year before we play again...
See ya soon!
Sunday, February 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment