Monday, February 11, 2008

I've Seen the Sun...

I haven't seen the sun since i've been in Moscow, until today. I thought it was a little brighter outside than it had been before. I thought i slept in later...but no, the skies were clear and that warm glowing orb was a sight for sore eyes. Although, without the cloud cover, the temperatures were somewhat cooler this morning. All the slush that had been there before was gone. The streets were dry. The once slushy sidewalks were now frozen over...but Moscow knows how to keep streets and sidewalks safe...so there were no issues walking.

With the clearing skies will bring some really chilly temps. I believe by Friday the temps will be a high of 24 degree F. It's been hovering around 34 or 35 degrees F since i've been here. It is February in Russia...i suppose it could be worse. According to one of the interpreters, one could charaterize the Moscow weather as somewhere between fall and winter or somewhere between winter and spring. Basically, there has been no winter here...

An interesting thought crossed my mind after i caught a cat walking down the hall today. Yes, the infamous TsUP cats. They do exist. Moose brought one home with her once. Anyway, this cat walks by an then comes into our room and promptly jumps up in the ops lead's lap and begins meowing. The thought i had was....I wonder if this cat is meowing in Russian? Would i know? Do the cats meow and dogs bark in English back home?

No, i have not been drinking the potato juice. And yes, I think i have been getting enough sleep. I'm just weird like that...

2 comments:

JS77 said...

its okay,we are both weird too,LOL.

Joshua said...

LOLA's COMMENT:

Yes, all dogs speak the language of their humans. Cats on the other paw are phonetically challenged - they can't even understand themselves most of the time. Try to get a cat to listen to you, it just won't happen. I find it much better just to put the cats head in my mouth and chomp, it understands that.